Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Definition of "Artifacts"


Much like an anthropologist or archeologist goes out into the field to search for “artifacts” that give clues to the cultures they are researching, for our W131 multi-genre research project we will look for artifacts that will help us comprise our “argument” for our readers. The argument in this case meaning the “supported” position we will take on our topic. It is the “artifacts” that help frame, support and illustrate our position.

Above are two such “artifacts” that I used in my search to find the right shotgun for me when I decided recently I wanted to return to my roots as a gun enthusiast as a teenager (I lived within sight of the Everglades) and soldier during the Vietnam War. If I were actually completing the multigenre research project for this class, about this topic, I would actually use these artifacts in my submission, along with a discussion as to how these artifacts helped me reach the decision that the Remington 870 was the best weapon for my purposes.

These "artifacts" would also be listed in my Works Cited list and included in my Annotated Bibliography.


No comments:

Post a Comment